Saturday 13 June 2009

Today third June, 2009 the time is five minutes past five in the evening

Today is my first entry in my study log for the open college of the arts course for photography

I’ve looked at some of the course work and am little bit nervous I think I would probably have to work on my schedule at would have to arrange time studying and arranged times for other things like housework time with kids wok

I suppose it would start out a bit difficult but with time get easier I suppose the biggest hurdle would be motivating myself I feel a little bit overwhelmed by all the work that I will have to complete but it shouldn’t really be a problem I’m probably just worrying too much

Anyway I will leave it at here and will continue some others time

***************

Notes :

Started of using a digital camera Cannon digital IXUS, but I have now bought a second hand Digital Camera Fujifilm Fine Pix S7000

I put a message of the forum:

diana sanderson Says...
Hi yahI have just bought a second hand camera for my photography course;fujifilm S7000 digital camera19x 6x optical 3.2x digitalwith a few more bitsfujiyama af pro digital 0.45x wide lens with macrofujifilm 55-52 lenskenko uv 58mm fujifilm lenss.k for 58mma rubber thingypraktica bc2400 flash gunno manualcan anyone tell me what they are .. and what fori havent a clue, i am just learning how to use the camera but dont understand what the lens, rubber thigy etc do.. ..i have 2 digital cameras and know how to use them but have no clue with this i suppose more professional onethanks in advance

I got a few replies, everyone was very helpful anyway I am still learning the ins and outs of this camera

I also bought a tripod form argos, seems alright

Back to the projects:

Project 1: focal length & angle of view

The object of this project was to find the standard focal length for my camera
For the above 3 , I used my simple digital camera

I did these ones later , after I got my digital SLr camera
The first image was the natural, standard, focal length. I judged this by looking "through" the camera with both eyes open, comparing the image seen "live" with one eye and the image as seen through the viewfinder with the other eye, while adjusting the zoom setting. When the two images matched for size I noted down the focal length markings on the lens The second image was taken at the mid point of the zoom bit, The third was at the widest view

After these images had been printed (at A4 size) I'll went back to the exact same spot and continue the exercise as dictated in the course notes, jotting down the results and my observations
I went back out and held up the photo's in front of my face, each in turn and at a "correct" distance to match the scene for size. The first image was correct at about arm's length.The secong image had to be held quite close to my face for a match. The third image had to be held by my a friend at further away to match up

Project 2 focus with a set aperature

I took three pictures, all at the widest available aperture for this lens Each image is focused on a different section of the row of trees; front, middle and endThe first set was done with the digital SLR and the second set was done by the simple digital camera

I don’t fully understand the whole aperature thing but I will do a bit of research
. Project 4 shutter speeds





I made my son & daughter dance around the room so I could mess around with the aperature & shutter speed.
I understand that to get a blurry effect I would use a slow shutter speed but to be able to capture the actual image I need a faster shutter speed. I also found it a bit dark or bright when I decided to take a few photos sat on my desk chair spinning round.

I am still trying to get my head round using this camera

I am going to have to stopping adding on my word files here, LUNCH TIME and continue adding stuff in abit, its abit annoying really but it'll be worth it in the end I suppose

No comments:

Post a Comment